Saturday, January 26, 2013

Straits Of Mackinac End Of The Month Report for January

This month, there were approximately 20 passages. The vessel with the most passages this month was the John B Aird with 3 passages. In second was the Barbara Andrie [tug], Samuel De Champlain/Innovation, and the Philip R Clarke. Both made 2. In third were all the other vessels that passed. As for fleets, Algoma Central Corp. was in first with 5. In second was Lower Lakes Transportation with 3. In third was a big tie between Great Lakes Fleet, Lakes Shipping Co./Interlake Steamship Co., Lafarge North America, and the Coast Guard. All of those fleets made 2 passages. Also, 7 tugs navigated the Straits this month. This concludes my report for January. This will also be my only report for the Straits until the 2013-2014 shipping season starts. From now on, I will be posting Port Huron passages until the start of the 2013-2014 shipping season. If I get done with that before the next shipping season starts, I will dig deeper into my records and report passages and arrivals of various other cities. Come the next shipping season, I will continue to report passages of the Straits Of Mackinac. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment